Rec League Overview
The Norwalk Junior Soccer Association is dedicated to the enjoyment and development of soccer players in our community. Our primary focus is to provide an opportunity for every player to have fun, learn the sport and develop life skills including the love of the game. We create a positive environment that fosters players to have fun and learn teamwork. Competition is a natural part of the sport, but it is not the primary objective of the recreational program. All recreational teams are coached by volunteer parents and trained by licensed trainers.
- Designed for children in Pre-K to 8th Grade
- Seasons: Fall, Winter and Spring
- Training is run by licensed soccer trainers
- Games are coached by parent volunteers
- Fall and Spring Seasons include 2 practices during the week and a game Saturday
- Practices are suggested for every player
- Divisions are created by grade, with some grades being combined
- Teams are balanced for competitive parity
- Teams are rostered by the NJSA registrar
- Pre-K to the 3rd grade teams play each other in town
- Grades 4th – 8th grade teams may compete against teams from one or more towns in an intertown ‘Rec Plus’ league home and away. Games are played typically on Saturday afternoons.
- Approximately 1,500 players are involved in the Pre-K to 8th Grade League during the year
NJSA’s recreation program consists of Fall, Spring, and Winter seasons.
Spring registration is open between February and March with the first games and practices taking place during the first week of April and concludes in June. We play a 10-week season.
Fall registration is open in July and August with our first games and practices taking place during the beginning of September and concludes in November. We play a 10-week season.
Winter season is between January and March (7- to 8-week season).